A big part of our mission and focus at 10X Shift is guiding and supporting organizations in crossing what we call The Great Culture Chasm — from ideal organizations as “well-oiled machines” to organizations as “conscious living systems.”
WHY CROSS THE CHASM?
Most organizations today still embody ‘mechanistic,’ control-over-people, hierarchical management models and designs. Their cultures tend to cover the range described by the Red, Orange and Yellow Zones above — with the Yellow Zone cultural patterns generally being ‘as good as it gets.’ This leads to many unintended consequences such as low engagement, lack of innovation, poor collaboration across silos, low responsiveness, resistance to change and stagnating growth — to name a few.
It is revealing that according to Gallup, over 70% of the American workforce is disengaged (a whopping 89% worldwide) — resulting in huge losses in productivity, innovation and quality of life at work. It seems that our traditional organizations with their Yellow-Orange-Red cultures have become ‘psychic prisons’ for millions of bright, capable individuals with an innate desire to create, grow and make a lasting difference.
This is why we at 10X Shift are committed to guiding and supporting organizations in crossing the chasm. The possibilities are enormous: organizations with Green-Blue cultures have the potential to be many times more passionate, innovative, adaptive and resilient, especially in today’s increasingly turbulent VUCA environments. These organizations:
- Care deeply and work passionately toward a better future for all stakeholders — customers, employees, partners, communities, investors and nature
- Intimately connect to the lives of their customers and make a unique and lasting contribution to the customers’ wellbeing, fulfillment and evolution
- Cultivate caring, co-creative and truly value-adding relationshipswith all their stakeholders
- Evoke and nurture self-determination, self-organization and self-management in all co-creators, in service of the whole
- Invest in developing the capacity of all stakeholders to maximize their creativity, leadership and contribution to those they serve
The action-learning journey implicit in crossing the chasm is certainly challenging. But it also promises to be incredibly rewarding for all involved as it’s designed to inspire and unleash the levels of creativity, commitment and co-creative genius that tend to be suppressed in traditional organizations.
We are honored and deeply committed to supporting leaders, changemakers and their organizations in this exciting action-learning adventure of a lifetime.
Want to learn how your organization might approach crossing the Great Culture Chasm? Contact us for an exploratory conversation.