One of the key challenges young companies face is how to keep growing and still maintain their core
How many startups fail to successfully scale and evolve their entrepreneurial and high performing “we are all in this together” culture through their Rapid Growth phase? More often than not, they default to traditional management models as they grow — and lose their “vital mojo” in the process.
There is a better way — and it requires that a young company successfully addresses four key growth challenges:
- How to distribute leadership, management and decision-making throughout the organization
- How to design and evolve scalable and flexible processes, structures and management systems that can support its current and future growth
- How to distribute the responsibility for stewarding and evolving the company’s culture throughout transitions
- How to create effective practices that support employees in their ongoing development and growth
After decades of solving these challenges in companies of all sizes, we have developed an organic, highly effective capacity-building approach designed to guide and support young organizations in addressing these four critical growth challenges.
Our approach focuses on developing distributed leadership throughout your organization that can:
- Make sound strategic and tactical decisions, as required and on demand — when and where the needs arise
- Self-organize to respond with speed and agility to the ever-changing needs of your key stakeholders (customers, employees, partners, etc.), your industry, and your macro-environment
- Design, implement and evolve flexible, scalable management systems, structures and processes than can support the current and future growth of your company
- Steward and consciously evolve your company’s entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture — it’s unique cultural DNA
- Design and develop organizational learning and people development infrastructure that weaves learning and development into the fabric of your company’s every day operations
We proceed in a phased manner that gradually builds commitment and ownership throughout the organization’s membership. Each phase of the project is self-contained and is designed to create high value for the organization on its own, even if the subsequent stages are not implemented.
We are inspired by Agile software development; we proceed in rapid Agile-like action-learning cycles, allowing for high levels of customization and course-correction as the project unfolds.
Lastly, we act more like “guides on the side” supporting your pioneering leaders and changemakers in becoming the architects of your ideal organization, than “sages on stage” dispensing their consulting wisdom through PowerPoints and Memos.
Ready to explore how we can help your growing venture? Contact us for an exploratory conversation.